Thursday, June 30, 2011

UPT Wives update

Tuesday this week Kile's flight had a spouses night so we could meet the squadron command and their wives.  They were very nice and the wives from the flights, there are 5 of us, love to get together whenever we can.  We were missing one though. Kirsty was back in Canada waiting for her Visa to come live here full time!!

While we were there the Squadron Commander told us that we should think about taking on a roll to help out the flight. We have to raise money for our 3 big events: track select, assignment night and graduation banquet. Slight pause, one thing I love about Kile and I is that we are on the same wave length a lot of the time! That being said...Kile voiced what I was thinking. "You should do that!" Being that I have had some experience with event planning and such, I volunteered to head up the group and be the main contact person for the events and fundraisers. So, if anyone has any ideas for fundraising, please pass them on. Oh and please be praying for me!! haha

Well, that's about it for now. I'm off to wake up Cody and get some more done around the house before this big 4 day weekend!! Hopefully I'll talk to you all soon!! I'll do my best!

1 comment:

  1. Oohhhh the fundraising!! ;) Our class' main fundraiser was a class tshirt with the class patch, pilot wings, and class number. We had it designed, then created an order form that we mailed out to family members/friends. I can't remember exactly how much $ we raised, but it was almost enough to cover our events! Our families really bought a ton and it was a huge money maker for us! You could also do a wives' cookbook to sell, or cook Friday lunches at the squadron.

    ReplyDelete